background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Snickers Cupcakes

Just wanted to let you guys now that you MUST take a look at the over 130 Easter Cookies & Treats link ups that we have for Easter... today is only Saturday and there is still plenty of time to make one of these AWESOME EASTER TREATS from.....THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "Easter Cookies & Treats"

Now on to today's post of Snickers Cupcakes.....We have a BIG Year this year!!! My husband just celebrated his 50th Birthday! (later this year my twins will celebrate their 18th Birthday and it will be my 40th birthday!) WOW, What a year it will be!!!! My husband choose camping for his 50th Birthday, and yes I made it happen! Camping, Friends & Family! What could be better! My son had a blast too.... his first time dirt bike riding!!!

My husband's favorite candy is Snickers, so when this recipe was linked up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "Chocolate" week, I just knew this was the perfect dessert for his birthday! And it was a HUGE hit at the campsite. Everyone LOVED them and they thought the Snickers in the middle was the coolest thing ever! I made the Snicker Cupcakes for the first night and my husband's favorite cake "Camping Cake" for night two.




Justin had the time of his life!
 















Snickers Cupcakes 
adapted from Mama Schell Says 


1 pkg devil’s food cake mix
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs; lightly beaten
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp of vanilla
24-30 frozen Snickers Miniatures

Preheat oven to 350. Line cup muffin tins with paper liners.

Mix together the cake and pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and water. Pour batter into cupcake tins. Gently push a frozen Snickers Miniature bar into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy bar with batter.

Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.

I was camping and in a hurry (and I totally just bought ready made frosting). But, homemade Buttercream Frosting would go PERFECT with these delicious cupcakes!  Garnish with Snickers bars and a drizzle of caramel (skipped the caramel this time; sorry). Make sure that you add your Snickers bars to the frosting shortly after applying it or they will not stick in the frosting well.

I LOVE Linky Parties I can't wait to mix and mingle with all of you and see what has been cooking in your kitchens! Today, this recipe is linked to the following linky parties: Homemaker Monday, I Made It MondayJust Something I Whipped Up, Made by You MondaysMaking the World Cuter, Market Yourself Monday, Melt in Your Mouth MondayMotivate Me MondayMouthwatering Monday, Your Recipes My Kitchen

4 comments :

  1. These look really wonderful! My only problem is that now I'll have to make the candy bars, since I usually can't eat any due to a soy allergy. But, I think it just might be worth it.

    Happy Birthday to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These snickers cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...